But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Saturday, July 16, 2005

When Opportunity Knocks...

I have a few opportunities that have presented themselves to me in the last month that I must now take the time and deeply consider. For those of you who don't know, I run my own business (a jewelry line) and have a passion for business.

I've been given two fine opportunites and I just don't know which one I should do or if I should do both.

A: Lisa, (one of my buyers) has offered to pay the rent for a booth in a Mall in Winnipeg. I will get 100% commission on my stuff and all I have to worry about is the staffing and the books.

B: Karen (another one of my buyers...Note: I have very good relationships with my business associates) has offered me her store Kalidoscope (which is in Calgary) to purchase. She opened one in North Vancouver and just wants to focus on that one and her family. This would involve me moving from Winnipeg to Calgary sometime in the future...which could probably be done because I don't really have any dependents (except my cats...but they'll adapt I'm sure). This one is really neat because it already generates 375,000 dollars a year and is going strong. Its a good chunk of change to buy, but I can probably find money somewhere.

The things I have to think about...I'll most likely end up doing both cause I'm crazy like that.