Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
So, after picking up supplies all day and managing to cram it all into my Mustang, I have returned to camp once more. The little ones are here and I didn't have a chance to say hi to them before I left on Sunday.
So I go into the bathroom and this one little girl says:
little girl 1: "HEATHER?!? Is THAT you?!?"
Me: "yeppers"
little girl 1: "Remember last year when you came into our cabin and sang us bedtime songs? Are you going to do that again?"
Me: "sure, I'll do that tonite, what cabin are you in?"
little girl 1: "Cabin 1"
Me: "Alrite"
little girl 2: "Remember when I was homesick last year and you brought me into the kitchen and made me hot chocolate and sang to me? You probably don't..."
Me: "Oh yes I do, you're Danyika right?"
little girl 2: "you remember :) "
So I go into a bathroom stall and just as I go in more girls from cabin one come in:
little girl 1: "Guess who's here?!? HEATHER and shes in that stall right over there?!?!"
little girls: "which one?!? where?!?"
So, I can't even go to the bathroom cause their trying to find me, I come out and they all scream and hug me like I'm some kinda rock star...kids are hilarious.
Now, they are having a mini Zabava and this is another cute story. The girls are all bustin a move to 'girls just want to have fun' and the boys are just sitting there. Next song happens to be a slow one and its sheer pandemonium. The girls go running one way, the boys the other...they all clear off the dance floor, girls are screaming as boys ask them to dance and the ones that are dancing together are at the appropriate 1 meter distance away from each other. Ah, to be young :)
I hear the girls screaming again...must be another slow song, I better get back there...
<< Home