But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Good Ol' Rural Manitoba

I'm sittin here, its 11pm and there is one heck of a thunderstorm going on outside. I begin to hear banging noises that are not typical of a thunderstorm so I go and investigate.

I go out my apartment entrance and notice that the sky is ablaze with a panoply of colors...its fireworks! Apparently one of the neighbors that lives behind my bar dropped about 5000 bucks on some kick ass fireworks and I swear it was better than any show I've seen here in Manitoba. Huge starburst fireworks going off against a background of lighting was an electrifying sight and I was very lucky to have stumbled upon it.

Of course in retrospect, this thunderstorm firework show was probably not the smartest of ideas. Its pouring rain, there are about 60 people standing outside in a lighting storm, a tornado touched down about 50 km from here about an hour ago, there are trees and power lines everywhere...but I think that added to the fun of the show.

And this is what us prairie folk call 'living dangerously'.


And update to my story: Yeah, the guy who did the fireworks last nite actually did the same fireworks at the Forks...so I had my own Forks fireworks display on my back steps :)