But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Ode to my dad

Well, it was fathers day today and I guess I should give a little tribute to my dad.

My dad is a very, very...uh...'interesting' individual. He's got a lot of little quirks but when worse comes to worse, has made me the most patient female when it comes to dealing with men and their male behaviorisms that I'll never understand.

One of my dads best little quirks is his ability to always 'go large' when it comes to buying things...the bigger, the more expensive, the better. For example: My mom wanted a 'fan' for our family room because its been pretty hot lately and so my dad went to buy one today. He came back (about an hour later) with an industrial size air conditioner. (the ones with the big 'clothes dryer' input and output pipes) Me and my mom then spent an hour convincing him not to make a hole in the side of our house for this air conditioner. (we ended up convincing him that we're gonna make a adaption to the screen window for input and output vs blowing a hole in the wall)

We also have a BBQ that can feed about 50 people at one time and it can cook a steak in about 3 minutes, we own a back hoe, and 2 tractors, about 5 different kinds of lawn mowers and I could go on...

Another one of his quirks is his ability to 'freak' whenever there is a little bit of stress in our environment (like we have a catering job, or I'm having a party, or he has a cold) He just can't help it...he doesn't know how to handle the situation without stressin out and it worries me more than anything because its not good for his health.

So, he has a lot of silly quirks...but its what makes my dad my dad and its why I am who I am and I wouldn't want myself or him to be any other way.

P.S. Oh, and Happy B-day R! :)