But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Well, isn't that craptastic?

I had big hopes of being able to connect my lap top and upload my pictures on this cruise...but alas, I need a wireless internet card and my computer doesn't have one because A: its about 5 years old now and B: I'm too cheap to upgrade it because I want to save up for a precious Mac.

Soooooo, I'll just blog about some interesting things that have happened...and have a big postapallooza when I get back telling of specific stories.

The Food: Oh my god...I've never had such good food in my life! Its like there is a party in my mouth and all my taste buds were invited and they're having a great time.

People: Ok, so if you are my age (24) and plan on going on an Alaskan cruise like this with every intention to meet people your age...you are shit outta luck. Good thing this wasn't my intention at all...I have enjoyed the attention from the lonely lonely seamen though.

Ketchikan, Alaska: Is where we docked today, it was very nice...but if you actually LIVE in Ketchekan...chances are you're not a happy person. We walked past all the glitz and glamour that you see when you first arrive and went into a bit more of the 'real' Ketchekan..it was pretty slummy....ok, it was very slummy. And no body was really happy or nice and I'm pretty sure the last thing they wanted to see was a tourist standing next to their beat up jeep taking a picture (FYI: This was not me...) Most of the people who you would normally see only work in Ketchekan 6 months of the year, and they're pretty happy because people are dropping hundreds of dollars...speaking of hundreds of dollars.

Cute Slavic Man: Ok, so this really sweet and charming sales man actually got me to drop some money and buy a watch (this is a HUGE feat...A: I don't like to spend money on myself and B: I never buy jewelry for myself cause I can make it) Its a Calvin Klein watch and its actually very nice, once I got over the whole feeling like crap for spending money...damn you cute charming men!

Furry Man Thong: No word of a lie, I'm the proud owner of a furry man thong..Its basically a jock strap with a furry crotch part and a raccoon tail on the ass...I'll post the picture when I can finally connect my lap top...its hilarious, it makes my day just looking at it (its soooo not sexy looking, I can't see anyone getting excited seeing this...) regardless, I am looking for someone with enough balls (no pun intended :) ) to model it for me so I can take a pic.

Ok, thats all from me for now....we hit Juneau, Alaska tomorrow so that should be fun....I'm off to get ready for dinner! *yay!*

P.S. yeah...I've fixed the names of the places I'm visiting...I"m a loser and can't spell...