But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Sunday, July 24, 2005

It appears I was wrong..yay for broadband in Anchorage!

Well, well, well...look what I found!!! A broadband connection for my lap top! giddy up! This was unexpected but I'm gonna take advantage of it and post some of my picks:

Ok, so here are the top 11 memorable moments of my cruise:

11. The cute little towel animals: Our little cleaner man would make us cute little towel animals every nite and leave them on our beds with the agenda for the next day. The elephant was my favorite one :)






10. Feeling like a dork for the life saving drill routine: So you put on your life jacket and you and a thousand other people move in silence to the 6th floor where you find the safety group you are supposed to be in and do a role call...here I am laughing my ass off because I'm the dork who couldn't put her life jacket on and then felt like I was in a sumo suit.



9. Finding the bead 'sandbox' in one of the shops in Juneau: Remember how fun it was playing in a sandbox as a child...well, I found the new adult Heather equivalent in Juneau...it was this super big bead station with a chair. Well, I spent an hour there picking out enough blue and yellow beads to fill three vials...yay for beads!




8. Wine Tasting: Oh you delicious, delicious wine! I'm a wino and had two opportunities to taste some amazing wine! I'm still a big fan of Chablis or White Zinfandel though...but I made a great move into liking red wine with my favorite being a Shiraz from Rosemount, Austrailia.



7. Grasshoppers: Hmmmmm...creme de mente, a little creme de cacao and milk...my favorite cocktail!








6. Achieving my dream: Everyone had dreams...I had this one particular dream of eating King Crab and drinking wine on a cruise ship...this was achieved on the Tuesday...the nite of our first formal dinner.






5. Passing out in my evening dresses...I did this...*thinking* yep, every nite! After the 6th nite my mom finally thought it would be funny to document this.







4. Dorky Dutch Theme Dinner Nite: I saw older ladies walking around with these hats on and at first I thought they went crazy and joined a cult...then I arrived at dinner and realized that we all had to wear these hats for Dutch Dinner Nite aboard the Holland America.





3. Harry, the morning plate guy: This little Indonesian man would sing love ballads in the morning to me, my personal favorite being "when I fall in love, it will be for Heather"...very creative I must tell ya, you American men should take note!






2. Cute Croatian who sold me my watch: Like I posted before, I don't like spening my money, or anyone elses money on personal things for me. This dude managed (we'll say by using charm) to get me to buy this CK watch, which I have had a million comments on already and actually is a very, very nice watch and I'm glad I bought it.




1. Impersonator gyrating on my mom: We went to the finale show aboard our ship and were sitting in the second row. This impersonator came on and after a few songs I realized that he had a tendency to come into the crowd and serenade the women. Just before his next song, I turned to my mom and said "oh, I hope he comes and gyrates on you!" and suuuure enough...he came over, full on strattled her chair and started doing pelvic thrusts at my mom while singing Tom Jones' Delilah. I almost lost it I was laughing so hard! My mom is totally the opposite to me...very straight edged and she didn't know what to do with herself...man, I gotta take my mom to see the rippers one day...