Giddy up!
I forgot how much fun The Downs was! The last time I was there was when the Molson Coorporation actually cared about the 'little guy' and would invite all the hotels to a nice breakfast buffet/horse racing function. (now they just invite large hotels...but thats a whole different rant)
So today, the school my mom works at had their year end party there and I was my mom's 'date' because my dad doesn't socialize much...I didn't mind though cause I had an awesome time! Aaand I learned the following:
1. Just cause a horse is 'pretty' doesn't mean that it will win (I learned that in the first race...my pretty horse came in last)
2. If the horse looks like its trying to hump the pace horse...that doesn't mean its gonna win either (second race)
3. If you bet on 4 horses to show, you're bound to win at least 3 bucks! (haha...races 3-6)
4. Betting on the 'popular' horses doesn't mean those horses will win (race 7)
5. Betting on the horse that looks like its angry because its trying to buck his jockey off, probably a good indicator of a winner (race 8)
6. Sitting in someones box makes you feel pretty uneasy...my mom was freakin out...heehee
In conclusion, the angry horse I bet on won me 40 bucks...and so I broke even. I'm really not a big gambler but this kind of gambling is fun cause its basically three hours of fun entertainment :)
And I love my mom cause she bought me 5 ceasars (and my 'drink limit' is usually 3) heehee goooood times! yay mom!
Ok, going to do.....uh...forgot but its gonna come to me.....
....
<< Home