But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Friday, June 10, 2005

Politics can lick my ass

These are the things I'm noticing right now that are making me laugh because they are so stupid...mix that with a slightly ticked off Heather and you have my inspiration for this post:

1. "Don't vote Conservative! They want to ruin the country by implementing a two-tier health care system!" "Vote Liberal!" Last time I checked, Quebec was a predominantly Liberal (and BQ) and now they have...you guessed it! A two tier health care system.

2. "Vote NDP all you stupid students and we'll freeze your tuition!" Well, you save about 200 bucks...but now we're paying through our eyeballs for parking (400 bucks to park in a field) and have a new 'full time student' fee to pay (which is more than what you save on the tuition freeze) So, are we better off? Heck no! I'd also like to note that our president of UMSU is a dolt and I'm not sure how she got a second term...oh, probably because her posters were the 'flashiest'...stupid students....

3. "Don't drink Minhas, they brew their beer in Wisonsin...and thats not Canadian! Drink Lucky Beer, its brewed here in Canada!" Says Labatt...which is a Belgium owned company. So, who do you pick? A Canadian company who brews their beer in the US or a Belgium company who brews their beer in Canada? Want to drink beer for no other reason that to support the Canadian economy? I suggest Sleemans or Fort Garry then.

Food for thought