But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The stray cat ate my bird food!

Yeah, I had a strange thing happen to me early this morning. At around 2:30, there was this banging on my window...now my first response is 'yay! booty call!' but that has never actually happened....so it was sadly dismissed...

I then remembered that I had put this 'caged' type of bird feeder up on the window (so birds fly around the window to amuse my cats) and sometimes when it is windy....it can hit the window. But this wasn't an odd window tap that would normally be caused by a slight breeze...it was like there was a tornado going on outside.

So I got up and stumbled outside (making sure not to lock myself out there in my underwear) and as I turned the corner, this black cat ran away like a bat outta hell. I thought that maybe it was just attacking the window and hitting the feeder because it could see my cats on the inside. I put the feeder on the ground so it would stop hitting my damn window and went back to bed.

When I woke up this morning, the feeder was dismantled and all the bird feed was gone. Now, this was a seed/berry mixture that was held together by lard so I guess cats can eat it...but man, that cats gonna have one hell of a bowel movement!

So yeah, I felt sorry for the poor kitty cause eating bird seed is pretty desperate. So I'm gonna leave a bowl of food outside for it. NOTE: This doesn't mean I have three cats! (which apparently would mean that I am un-dateable)

HR thought of the day: I was told that noticing a sport accomplishment on a job application and seeing it as a positive attribute (say, if the team that the applicant coaches has won their league three years in a row...and thinking that maybe the applicant has good communication/leadership skills because of that) is a very male chauvinistic thing to do. (which I had a field day with because not only would I put that on my application, but I would consider it a positive attribute) and last time I checked, I was female....[checking...] yep, and I stiiill am!