But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Its been a while

well, I haven't been near my computer or my dear blog for a few days...its been a fun few days though so I'm gonna recap on a few things. (If I recapped on everything it would be a very long blog)

Wheatking game in Brandon - I got treated to a wheatkings (hockey) game. The Wheatkings are totally in a rebuilding year this year after doing so well last year and then having basically their first two lines go to the NHL. As a result they got their asses handed to them and then the last 10 minutes of the game were spent in fist fights, just another good ol' hockey nite here in Canada.

65 year olds out drank me - yeah, thats right, out drank me...whiiich really isn't hard mind you. The guy I went with owns a store in Brandon so we went for drinks with the manager and his wife after the hockey game. They introduced me to this booze called akavi...or something that sounds like that, I don't really remember. What I do remember is that this drink was as if tequila got it on with jaggermiester and made a baby....rough stuff!

My team gave me grey hairs - The team I coach had a close win, a loss and a tie this weekend...it was like they forgot how to play handball this weekend so I probably was a little too harsh in my coaches speech after the last game. One of my strong right backs and the only left handed player on my team went down in the first game with a minor ACL injury and a medium tear of her meniscus and another one of my strong backs sprained both her thumbs...beautiful!

I almost got stuck 'in' the peg - well, winter reared its ugly head in Manitoba last nite...the result was a shit load of snow and terrible road conditions. This morning I woke up in Winnipeg and my car was under about 3 feet of snow...so I hung around until the plows plowed the roads and the walkway going from Cs condo....which wasn't a bad thing, except for I did absolutely nothing today. Sometimes you need those days though :)

Alrite, I'm gonna do something that resembles work so this day isn't a total waste! Hope everyone is doing fine! Sorry, no pics today...I'm not in a picture kinda mood. :) Its my youngest brothers birthday tomorrow though...so I'll have some kinda birthday tribute. :)