Excited!
See me? I'm the midget in black. This is the premier division team that I coach on wednesday nites. (I play in elite) Last year was my first coaching them and I was a little intimidated...ok, thats an understatment, I was very intimidated. I'm younger than all the players I coach so I didn't know how well they'd listen to me and my handball know how.So my first practice with them, I was pretty quiet and was like 'uh..excuse me, can you please line up on the base line?'...but then they were like 'Heather, nuff of this quiet stuff... coach us!' so now I say 'please line up on the base line' with conviction dammit!
I asked them to do some 'recruiting' over the summer...we needed more players to fill our roster cause people always have different commitments, priorities, etc... Between me and the ladies, we managed to get 13 new recruits! 13! I only am keeping 5 or 6 so I'll have to make some cuts for sure! Make cuts! Well, look at me being all coachy! Now I have to figure out some kind of 'try out' practice but its basically going to be like my regular practices and I'll just weed out the girls who can't cut it. We finished 2nd in premier last year...this year I think we'll have a little bit of rebuilding to do in the beginning...but we'll become stronger than ever.
<< Home