But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

What I do

We're going to take a magical little journey into one of the things I do - Making Dichro Pendants. Yeah, I know, sounds like a blast but people sometimes wonder how I can afford all my gizmos while not working 9-5 and this is one of the ways that I make money.

My line of course has at least 30 different styles, this is just one of them. I've adopted a longer slimmer pendant look for these rectangle pendants cause its a nice contrast to my bulkier pendants.
So, you start with dichroic glass sheets...I'm modeling the solid and the clear glass. This glass does not come cheap...its bloody expensive! But when you break it down, the 'per piece' cost is not that bad. (Yeah, Yeah...I'm dressed up but I was waiting for my mom...we were going on a sushi date)
After cutting up the glass (and my fingers) I begin to fire them up in the kiln.
About 30 minutes later, my moms here and they're finished. As I'm gorging on sushi, they're cooling down.
After an exhausting nite of sushi eating and sport bra shopping (I got some sweeet sport bras for team handball (practices start FRIDAY...sooooooo pumped! {happy dance}) ...

lol...now where was I...oh yeah, I take the pendants out of the kiln and drill holes at the top for a bail.
I've determined that I'll never be a hand model. :) (and yeah, I'm holding two different pendants...I was tired, thats my excuse :) )
And then no pendant shot would be complete without me topless wearing it...lol.

Ok, I'm going to the gym now...or I'm gonna be sucking wind on Friday nite.