Finals...Yay!
I've updated this post! :)
Friday I went out for lunch with one girlfriend and then shopping with another. Ok, maybe I'm the only one...but does anyone else dance in the change room? Whenever I try something on...I dance around in it. Needless to say, I bought a smokin outfit for tomorrow Football Windup and I'm gonna be trouble!
Friday nite was fantastic! Its just beautiful outside, no breeze, warm, and quiet! I got a chance to take my schmidt-cassegrain telescope out and view the lovely sky...ok, so this is one of the good things about living in the country. I'm a uber astro geek and just love going out to the local observatory to play with the big ass telescopes too! :) So yeah, thats all I basically did tonite, Oh! and I worked out because my handball practice was cancelled...*sniff sniff*....but I got to do some upper body. (I didn't want to tire out my legs...lots of running to be done in the game on sat)
Continuation:
We are the Champions! Yay Flash!
Well we won! And the game was insane! We played a team called Red, who's captain/coach/creator is 6 months pregnant and playing!?! Yeah, 6 months?!?!?! Are you freakin insane!?!? Oh, and she paid 10,000 dollars to have herself insaminated and she's recklessly going to put the kids life in danger by playing a rough sport...brilliant! I have lovingly nick-named her Beasty and will be using that name thought this post.Well, Beasty is about 5'11, 230 pounds and did I mention 6 months pregnant? She doesn't seem to think that getting hit will effect her baby...or maybe she just doesn't care. Anyways, she decided she was only going to play defense...which is probably rougher than offense but she doesn't seem to care.
Red drew first blood on us, getting the first touchdown on our defense and the 1 point conversion. Then it was our offenses turn to strike back (note, I'm a reciever on the offense line..catchin is my thang...).
First play of the game, Beasty matches herself up against me. I run a fly (a pattern in which you just run straight) and as I run past her, she two hands me in the back and I go flying on my face. Yeah, I'm totally not impressed so I look at her and say 'excuse me, you can't do that'...her responce 'you ran into ME sweetheart!'...I explained the difference between running past her and running into her and then cooled it because I don't need to get in a fight with a pregnant beast.
Side note: Beasty REALLY hates me...we both play football, handball and make jewelry and I'm better than her in all three....so she was totally out to get me this game.
Our offense continued to drive the ball down the field and each and every time I ran near her, she'd full on push or body check me...I was not impressed so I asked the refs to watch for that...the problem is that the refs know Beasty pretty well and so they were like 'uh..um...she's not doing anything'...so I guess my coaches were screaming on the sidelines and I was tasting the turf for fun eh? The worst thing was that I was just letting her hit me...I didn't want to hit her hard back...what if she lost the baby because of it?!?! Not impressed.
On our first offensive drive, we score as well...no 1 point conversion though so its 6 - 7 for Red.
By the end of the first half, the score was 13 - 12 for Red, each has scored another touch down.
Our offense managed to score two single points by punting the ball into the end zone and then sacking the player who caught it...by end of third quarter we were winning 14-13.
In the fourth, Beasty was still pairing herself with me and due to a few great completes I made for first downs, she was sicking other team mates on me as well. We were 2nd and about 8 to the end zone and Red decided to double rush our QB. I went in to run an 'in-out' (faking in field in hopes that your defender will bite on that then running out) and Beasty totally bit it! I was suuuper open and by the time she realized that I was catching the ball for a touch down! It was very sweet...a million times better than any smack I could have layed on her. She of course smacked me on the back about 7 seconds after I caught it and I just turned to her and said 'you're a little late for that...'
Our D played some stellar defense and our O ran down the clock making 'safe' plays...and we won! yay! Take that Beasty!
Our team then celebrated by shooting a liter of vodka and then taking a communal shower (is there any other kind?) aaaah...tooo funny. I made each girl on my team a yellow necklace, which they all wore and then we danced the night away and won the social.
How do you win the social you ask? Well, me and my teams have been doing this for years now...you win by being the loudest, drunkest and the last group of people to drag your sorry asses from the party. You are then declared the winner.
Our coach said a great thing to us too the moment that we won...he said "Ladies, Flash will forever be remembered at the first team to win this cup in the women's league and no one can take that away from you." Then he suggested that he come watch the communal shower and we punched him.
<< Home