But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Sunday, August 28, 2005

I am me.

I am me. I wouldn't want to be anyone or anything else. I was born with a purpose and when I die, I will rest in peace knowing I did everything I ever wanted to do in my life. I love to live, I love to learn, I love to love.

I'm told by most that I'm too nice, too sexy, too successful...I'm sorry, but I will intimidate each and every single one of you. It is not on purpose, I didn't wake up one day and say "I'm going to be the sexiest, nicest and most successful person I can be for the rest of my life!" It comes from my genetic code, my upbringing, from surviving all the growing pains that life has to offer, and being stronger because of them. Its who I am, its me so don't hold it against me.

I strive therefore I succeed; but I pick and choose my spots. I've had days where all I do is sit around in my PJs and play video games, I've had days where I wished it would be my last day, and I've had days where I stop and think about how lucky I am for living.

I have my hangups, we're all human...everyone does. I bury mine deep within the recesses of my mind. There they dwell along with a life time of hurt and sorrow from years past. In time I forget that they are there. Every once in a while they emerge and I give them new life as a song so that they have a chance to be perceived as beautiful.

I have fears. I do not fear bugs or rodents or darkness. I fear things that I cannot control, things that I cannot see. I fear failure. To have something you put effort and time into not work out is a devistating situation for me. I fear being misunderstood. I have a hard time being open. As a result, people draw their own conclusions which are always incorrect. I fear being alone, and I will be alone till someone takes the time to 'see me' and not my lifestyle.

See me. I am me.