I'm Home!
We woke up early so that we could do a stop over in Roblin - (my dads hometown) and say hi to my Baba and Gigi (aka my grandparents).
There are a lot of things I remember about Roblin. When I was little, we would come out and visit the farm on Easter weekend. I remember making Pysanka and decorating my easter basket all nice (it was a bright pink one). We'd wake up at 5am to go to the morning mass at this beautiful church, and this is where I learned to sing in Ukrainian.
Now a days the farm looks a little run down. In its prime, my baba would take care of everything. Unfortunately, she had a stroke a few years ago and lost functionality in the left side of her body. It really makes me sad to see her in the state she is in now, her eyes once a sparkling green, full of energy and life have now turned to dull and grey. She breathes only to exist and I feel like I should help her in some way, but the only thing I can do is give her my company and make her feel loved....I feel useless.I talked to her for what must have been 4 hours. I was always her favorite and still am :) My uncle and his wife and kids were given the farm and live in the house next to my grandparents. My cousins sure have grown up! Frank, the eldest son bears a striking similarity to my brother Chris - they even have the same facial expressions and mannerisms - funny how genetics work.
After 5 more hours of driving we were HOME! yay! hurrrah! I love travelling, but I also love and missed the following:

My cats: I missed having my furry little bed buddies and waking up to them laying all over me every morning.
I've been neglecting my fur kids all summer...good thing I don't have or plan on having any actual kids anytime soon cause for starters...they'd probably be sleeping in my sock drawer.
I've been neglecting my fur kids all summer...good thing I don't have or plan on having any actual kids anytime soon cause for starters...they'd probably be sleeping in my sock drawer.
My bed: He-llooo Beeeed! I missed you and your downy softness and your millions of pillows and your softness and sleeping on you! (and yes, I like leopard print ok?!? haha)
My guitar: I love my guitar so I was happy to play it again!
My family: I'm very close with my brothers and my cousins. (which are all female) We act more like sisters than anything...I'm in definete need of a good weekend at the lake with all of them. I have this desire to pick saskatoon berries and make some pies and I want to go into the bush and pick some morels and chanterelles.Ok, I'm going to bed...ahhh bed!

<< Home