But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Yee-ha! Moosejaw!!

So, we didn't quite make it home yet...we stopped in the booming town of Moosejaw Saskatchewan for the nite.

First and foremost...I went to Kalidoscope glass gallery (the one I'm contemplating buying) and after much deliberation, I'm leaning towards not jumping into that...yet. Maybe its the tagging on the door next to the shop, maybe its the transiants sleeping in the park across the street but its just not in the location that I would want it to be and for the price asking, its best I start up what I want on the turf of my choice.

And this is Timmy, he's the bird I was feeding my carrot cake to. Timmy was the the fiestiest of all his little bird friends cause he'd scare away all his buddies and get my carrot cake crumbs.
So...on the road again! Apparently, southern Saskatchewan ONLY has ONE music station and to my dismay, its country...Now, I'm not a big fan of country but I thought I'd humour it...

Lyrics from first song I hear:
"I don't know what was pounding more,
My heart...or the hood of that ford"

Classy! Of course I'm laughing my ass off to the point of tears...this was being sung in a country balad type of song and it was all about screwing on a truck.

So, on goes my Jack Johnson CD...for about the 10 time this trip. (at least I know all the songs now)

Me and my mom decide its best that we stop in Moosejaw...we can grab a bite to eat and leave early in the morning to make it to my grandparents farm.

First thing I notice...all the little boys in their suped up coups...and this yokel in his 'duo exhaust' purple beast:
I also notice that there are signs to remind you of what lane you are in.
No Saskatchewan trip would be complete without a trip to a Bonanza! *que the theme music* We use to have Bonanzas in Winnipeg, one on St.Marys as a matter of fact...and I use to like them as a kid (probably because of the ice cream bar). So we went to the one here in Moosejaw. Needless to say, it was a bit of a dive...but the good news: I don't have food poisioning! (well, so far so good...) The one in Regina is much more cleanly as my handball girls usually try and stop by there when we take Regina road trips.
And here is another pic of me and my mom back at the hotel. She was mocking the fact that my boobs are always everywhere (I wanted to wear just the shirt under this orange zipper thing, but she wouldn't let me). So, she was unbuttoning her shirt and throwing her boobs everywhere. Here is the conversation that followed:

Heather: "Oh mom, you're such a dork, we have to take a photo of this!"
Mom: "What?!?? Oh no, you're gonna put it on that blog of yours!"
Heather: "Well, of course I am, someone has to take note of all your dorkyness"
Mom: "..."
Heather: "oh, just do it!"

So here is the photo, I am laughing my ass off (and actually look like I have a problem with my face...lol...baad photo!) and my mom is being modest...she was much more raunchy before I opted for a photo shoot. In all truth here...mom is a painfully modest lady, so I don' t know where I adopted my exhibitionist ways.
Speak of such, see the photo below...I took the liberty of cropping a lot off here, so ya'll can focus on the pendant. I designed a necklace and matching bracelet set and this pendant style on the way to Moosejaw. I'm on a creative role! Don't you love it when that happens?!?! Same with when I'm writing songs...I'll usually have a huge creative spree and write 3 in one week...then nothing for a month or so.

And now back to watching terrible B movies...they're actually pretty hilarious! I just finished watching one with killer mosquitoes on the Space Channel and now I'm watching one that has the exact same tacky cinematography as you would see in porn...all its missing is, well, porn!