But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Dark state of affairs...

Now, I don't get down often...(and by 'down' I mean 'depressed' people!) I like to surpress my emotions until about every 4 months, they erupt in a beautiful display of pyrotechnics and anger.

Well, today was that lucky, lucky day people. I knew it was coming, but there is nothing I could do about it....PLUS, I didn't eat this morning and I'm always a little pissy if I'm hungry.

I was a cynical jerk. When I get like this, I really tend to speak my mind and criticize everything. For example, the trade show I’m now in is such a shitty show and it sucked major bag last year…but being the nice girl that I am, I gave this trade show another chance… I signed the contract on the basis that I was going to see some out-of-province buyers. They also said they were going to change some dynamics and make it better.

Apparently ‘better’ means getting some man with an annoying ‘Kermit the Frog’ voice to scream a count down over the intercom at the beginning of the trade show…

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 THE SHOW IS OPEN?!?!? WOOOO YAYAYA YIPPEE! (the 5 buyers waiting in line walk in)

Did that just happen?…you’ve GOT to be kidding me…normally I bite my tongue but today I didn’t, I went off:

“What the HELL was that?!?! Is it New Years?!? Holy shit! I can’t believe that just happened?!? That was the most annoying thing I ever heard! (as I walk straight to the organizers table to tell them how I felt about that)…”what is this? Walmart? Do we need a pep-rally? That was extremely unprofessional for a trade show…how do you guys expect to be taken seriously?”

Yeah, Bit-chy! I hate when I get like this, but really this show deserves every bit of Angry Heather it gets. You see, I found out this year that its a 'politically funded' show...which means its basically a political pep rally with crafters. For the last two hours of the show today, we had MLAs talking on the intercom giving other MLAs and organizers pats on the back for all their effort on this show...Meanwhile, I'm having to talk at the top of my lungs to the customers who are trying to make an order with me...once again, very 'tacky' to have that going on during the show...but don't worry, Angry Heather wrote a nice long email to the organizers.

I needed someone to pull me out of this in a major way....someone to say 'screw your stupid mood Heather!' But I don't really have anyone that involved in my life to even care that this was transpiring...so I did what I always do to make me feel better, I play sports and due to the time of year, my sport is touch football.

A good game or practice always jerks me out of my mood. The moment the adrenaline starts pumping, your mind begins to focus on the game and not on the craptastic day that just transpired. PLUS, I was given a 'special task' for next game which made me even more focused on doing it well.

Whats this task you ask? Well, its sweet! I get to man-up on the opposing teams best receiver and make sure she never touches the ball! Better yet, I know the receiver and this is gonna totally piss her off! I LOVE IT! I LIVE to piss people off in sport! This match-up between me and her is going to be so good that a few guy teams are going to come watch me school her ass. (cause she will be schooled! I'm gonna be all over her like stink on a monkey!)

In conclusion, by the end of practice I was in a much lighter mood...I even started slapping peoples asses (always a sign of Content Heather)...I'm glad I went to play before I wrote this cause the stuff I was going to write earlier was really, really dark...and I wouldn't want to bother you with all that tripe!