But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Monday, August 15, 2005

Happy Birthday Pops!

Well, its my dads birthday today so I thought I'd honor him with some fun facts:
When I was a little girl, my dad never let me call him 'daddy'..he said 'thats for babies!'
Rumour has it that he's A: Part of the Hell's Angels biker gang, B: a druglord, C: A mob boss (apparently us Ukrainians have a mafia)...and so many more...oh you stupid small town rumours!
He's from Roblin Manitoba...once a farm boy, always a farm boy...as a result..we have a hobby farm and own all sorts of tractors and farm equipment.
My dad actually has great taste in music...if anyone has ever seen our juke box in our bar, take note that my dad picked out all that music in there! His favorite though is Bruce Springsteen...which is my favorite as well...its one of the only interests me and my dad share so its special.
He loves animals and often is the reason why we're adopting that stray kitten, puppy, rabbit, etc. He also has a special lookout on our hobby farm that he climbs to sit and watch the deer.
He's a University of Manitoba alumni...he graduated with a Sociology degree, which actually suits him to a T because he is one of the best judges of character I know. What did he do with that degree? Well, he bought a bar...which I guess is a sociology experiment in itself.
He's fallen out of: A cherry picker(x2..once with a chain saw), the roof of our house (x2), the roof of our pool (during my birthday party when I was 8), multiple trees...And he's still kickin! Yay dad! May you fall from many more tall places and live to tell us about it! :D