But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Friday, August 19, 2005

One last nite!

Yay! My mom's here! Its nice to have company cause I really was getting lonely earlier this week...and now I don't have to set my camera up on a garbage can and run like mad to where I want to pose! heehee! My mom is my best friend so hanging out with her is like hanging out with a girlfriend and I'm glad she decided to come down.

We have a lot of common interests. She is the one who inspired me into starting a business by always allowing me to be involved in craft sales that she use to do. She's the computer 'techie' for the school in our town so her an I always get into the 'tech talks'.

There are a few things that are quirky about my mom, I'm going to list a few of her 'momism's'

Momism 1: She doesn't like to deal with people. Whether its ordering room service or telling off someone, I'm usually the 'go to' person in our duo.

Momism 2: For some reason, if we order room service and the guy comes to the door...she always 'high tails' it into the bathroom...leaving me looking like I"m all by myself, and I'm obviously hungry...

Momism 3: She asks a lot of questions, about everything, all the time...which is good except for when I'm in deep thought mode...then I don't like questions cause even I don't know the answers at this time.

Momism 4: She cries at everything...Not like the wussy crying...but if there is a TV show thats sad, or a commercial thats sad, or a song thats sad, or a puppy that looks sad...well you get the idea...I just kinda smirk at her and tell her she's a dork.

But I love my mom...she lets me be me and puts up with my retarditivity...sometimes I can convince her to be one too:
Me with my metal plate boobs...and my mom, obviously confused with the task I gave her.
I also went to a new wholesaler today...Beadworld in Edmonton! I definetly had a beadgasm or two! Ooooooh! I was in there for 2 hours and I got some sweet digs! I've had this design in my head and I finally was able to buy some cool beads so that I could put my bead design into action....and here is the final product (note: we're looking at the pendant here...)

I'd zoom in on the pendant...but I'm trying to save my intellectual property. I have to corner the market before I show everyone how simple it was to make. :-D

Alrite, ciao for now! I should be home tomorrow...or saturday...actually, saturday for sure cause my next trade show starts on monday...yay for being busy!