But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Monday, October 17, 2005

Heather Does Dallas?

A few things I'm pondering right now:

Dallas Trade Show - Is Jan 21-23 of 2006. Double the cost of my Canadian shows but quadruple the exposure. I would probably get over 70 American buyers in this show but that also means that I would be busier than I am now. (which is ok cause busy girl = rich girl)

New Line - Creating a new line in conjunction with my current one called Rock Crystal. Similar designs to my current ones, but made with semi-precious and sterling silver. My current line has price points around 5 - 30 dollars and I would like to have a line that caters to the higher price point customers.

Store Front on the corner of Lilac/Corydon: I had a meeting with one of my buyers (and basically my mentor for retail businesses). She told me of a store front that I can have for a really good rental price. I would like a store front because I need a way to test out price points for my new line and I know for a fact that people who visit the sale I do twice a year would not even look at Rock Crystal because of the higher price point.

St.Vital Kiosk: Much more exposure than the store front...but I loose creative control and get to look like a tool sitting in a 10x15 booth. The cost to rent is also close t0 10 times the cost of the store front...but looots of exposure...

Yep, thats all thats going on in my business life...I have a sale at the Downs this weekend so I'm excited to try out a few new items that I have created.