Improvise!
"I'm always doing things I can't do...Thats how I get to do them" - Pablo PicassoWhat do you do when nothing goes the way you want it to go? I do what I like to call 'flying by the seat of my pants' aka 'improvisation'.
wrong thing #1 - My plater went A-Wall.
Today, I went to drop off a whole whack of jewelry at my platers..and hes GONE on holidays till next week?!?!?! Ack! I don't have half my stock finished now (my regular trade show displays usually have a lot of each of my items...I currently can 'squeak' out only one piece of each color)
So, what am I to do? Well, I go into 'plan B' mode and immediately think of an alternative solution. In this case, I had to drastically change my display so that it has more of a showcase feel.
My poor mom was with me, and when I say poor I mean she had to be subjected to me in 'deep thought' mode....When I'm in this mode, you don't ask me questions about what I'm thinking cause I don't even know what I'm thinking...my brain seriously goes off on a tangent while my body just goes through the motions, grabbing supplies for whatever idea is forming in my head.
Of course she begins being her typical mom self and asking questions about everything! After one too many 'whats this for? why do you need that?' questions, I lost my patience, but then quickly appologized cause I hate it when I loose my temper like that.
wrong thing #2 - painfully slow service
I then stopped off at QuikX (a transport company) to give them the display pieces that I can't fit into my car so that they can ship it to Edmonton for me...I don't know why, but they're always really REALLY slow. How hard is it to put my stuff on a skid, weight it and bill me? I intentionally asked the time of day that they are not busy, had all the documents pre-done but still it needs to take an hour when it only should take about 10 minutes. Don't get me wrong...nice people...just slow.
wrong thing #3 - heathers priorities
I then had football tonite, which takes 3 hours out of my action packed schedule..not that I'm complaining, I LOVE playing sports cause its a fantastic and right now a much needed stress relief. So no matter how busy I am or even if I have two final exams the next day...I always make it out to my sports.
wrong thing #4 - hyper hyper heather
So of course, after every practice/game...I'm super hyped up and want to do more physical activity...but I have to simmer down and focus on my 'to do' list..but I decided to procratinate and write this post :)
Anyways, its midnite, I took this pic to document my physical state right now...looking a little grubby..hahahha, too bad you can't see all my jewelry crap scattered everywhere behind me!
Now I'm coming up with a new display...here's to seeing how creative I can be!
<< Home