But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Friday, March 11, 2005

Lets Start A Revolution

So I've done something that I'm very proud of. I spent numerous hours (which probably should have been used for studying) building somewhat of a home gym at my parents house. I knew that if my parents had somewhere in the house that they could work out vs going to a gym in the city...they would actually do it and stick to it.

I also convinced them to get a heavy duty eliptical machine...which cost a more than the Sears equipment you can get...but in the long run, always remember that you get what you pay for. And this monster eliptical machine is no exception...its solid and there is little to no friction when using it, exactly like the ones you find at the gym...and we got it for wholesale price..mwahahahhaa!

Anyways, its been two weeks and you know what? My dad goes on it every day..sometimes twice a day for 10 minutes...which doesn't seem like much now...but its waaay more exercise than he's done in a while. I have my mom on a circuit training program and she's reached a weight that she hasn't been at in five years.

So you know, people don't need to be nagged about the way they are and how they should change...but with the right tools and gentle encouragement, you can work wonders.