But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Saturday, March 05, 2005

What do you do?

Ugh, another doozy of a day today....and I very much need a hug or a good laugh or what the heck spoil me and give me both!

Yeah, so if you don't want to hear a sad story don't read this post...

First, I find out that one of my Aunties has cancer and its spread from her breast to her bones and lungs and that there is nothing that they can do for her. The real tragic part is that shes known of this 'lump' for like two years or something...but she didn't want to check it out cause she didn't want to stress any of her family over it. Well, I think we're all a little more stressed now that there is no hope what-so-ever. There is an even sadder part to this story, but its a little too personal to put out there if you know what I'm sayin...

Yeah, so I picked up my Baba to take her to one of her friends 80th birthday party....which was cool with me cause I'd walk to the end of the earth for this lady, but I tell ya...stupid drivers and slushy dirty road conditions make me want to stay at home. So, I drop her off and decide to go out for lunch with my mom to kill some time before I have to pick her up again.

Lunch was fine, but to my dismay...my car doesn't start. Its not the starter...I bitched about and fixed that about a week ago but now I'm thinking its something in the engine thats just not catching...faaan-tastic! Now I get really saddened when I get in these 'stranded' situations because there is no one I can call...or feel comfortable calling when I am in dire need of help. I have major issues with feeling that I'm going to inconvenience or bother someone for my own personal gain...yeah, sounds stupid I know...but if you know me, you know its true. You want to do something for me, you'll have to try and offer cause I'll never ask.

So, my mom steps up and calls my brother to come pick us up and take us home...I decide to worry about what I'm going to do with my gay car later when I'm not so upset (at this point..I just wanted to push it into traffic or off a bridge). Looks like I'm taking the mustang out of its winter slumber early this year...

Ugh...

P.S. Baba had a great time at the party..but wasn't pleased about the food they had there, I'm going to have to make sure her 80th B-day kicks the ass of all those other old ladies B-day parties! boo-ya!