But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Yay for my brain!

Well, like the faithful companion that it is, my brain stuck by me for what I like to call "the day that I wish was over a long long time ago". Yeah, that probably didn't make sense, but I don't expect this blog to make any sense because I've ran out of thought fuel...yep, runnin on empty here...

So, I've been wishing for about two weeks that this day would be over, and now it is. I had two marvelous midterms in one of comp sci's ever-so-popular 'exam double headers'. My brain played without being asked to have a time out...even after some tequila shots before my operating systems exam.

In conclusion, I did well but after years of test and exams...I just don't see the point to them in a practical field such as computer science. Will the company I work for ever ask me to generate query trees out off the top of my head? NO Will they tell me to write syntactically correct C code on paper before typing it into my computer? NO All exams do is force you to actually read all the useless info they are trying to teach you...and then be able to retain and regurgitate it for an hour to three hours...beautiful!

Another one of my favorite school issues is how we are NOT supposed to help or ask each other about assignments...all to be done ON YOUR OWN...where in 'real life' you're encouraged to work with each other and you're more than welcome to ask someone for advice so that you can finish your work.

BAH!
H.com

p.s. I was paranoid that all my 'big' words would be spelt incorrectly due to lack of brain power ...yeah, no errors (with exception to the slang words) stiiiiillll got it!