Whats a team to do?
Well, my team handball team is kinda in a bind this weekend. Our goalie cannot make any of our games this weekend and we have a double header. I was lucky enough to pull up the goalie and an extra player from the team I coach to play at our 9am game...but due to schedule conflicts, I can't do the same for our 12pm game. Which means we will have just enough players and NO goalie.
My solution is to forfeit. As much as I don't like quitting, sometimes these things happen and I'd rather we bow out gracefully with a ligit reason then have a disaster of a game. All and all, playing sports is about fun. Getting blown out of the water and having all your team mates upset at each other is not my definition of fun. Plus, its unfair to the other team that has a full bench and a goalie...as fun as winning is, being handed a victory is never as sweet as earning it.
We'll see what happens...
<< Home