But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Back from Van!

Hey Hey! I'm back and had a great trip to Vancouver. I stayed with my friend Will and his roommate Rosie and it was just really nice to hang with my old buddy and just chillax. They both made me feel so comfortable and I had so much fun with them that I will have to go back. (and for a longer duration)

Of course, no Heather trip would be complete without a series of odd events:

1. Getting picked up by the Airport security guard: ok, so I had a roll of copper foil in my bag which resulted in my bag being searched in Winnipeg. The security guard first pulls out a raunchy victoria secret bra of mine (which he took a few minutes to look over as I'm standing there all embarassed) and then he pulled out my Carmen Electra Strip Aerobic DVD....yeah...uh...I'm totally embarassed at this point and he's all like 'if I wasn't working right now I'd ask for your number'...

2. Getting hooted at by the guys standing behind me in the security line:
So while I'm explaining the use of my strip DVD to the security guy I'm telling him that she's hot but I'm not so hot in the strip manuvers. So I kinda did this little hip jig thing - totally not sexy (I'm a tom boy, not sex kitten) but my manuver got the guys in line all excited...totally mortified at this point, I decided it was time to head to the plane.

NOTE: I was totally in phermone mode...

3. Getting to second base with Rosie: We were terrorizing Will one nite and it got to the point where we turned off all the lights and were throwing things at him. In the pitch black kitchen I found a bag of bag clips (fun to throw but are not going to break anything). Well Rosie went to dig in the bag of bag clips but found my cleavage instead...we laughed our asses off and that was the end of throwing things at Will in the dark.

4. My crazy crazy cab driver:
On the last day, I had a cab driver pick me up from Wills house to bring me to the bead store. This guy was such a character, I don't even know where to begin. He was this little old 5 foot nothing East Indian man who talked my ear off. We full on had basically a 'girl talk' about my relationship woes. After dropping me off at the bead store, he said he would return to pick me up and take me to the airport which was sooooo nice of him.

5. Crazy Happy Fun Time: The bead warehouse was AWESOME! I got there at 11 and stayed till 4:30. The owner of the warehouse showed me his special stock (that has not been released yet) and I got my pick of whatever I wanted before anyone else did...very sweet. He then bought me lunch cause I was there for a ridiculous amount of time. All n' all I spent more money than I wanted to do, but check out this bead haul:
Yeah, I carried all this onto the plane...security checked my bags (again) but this time found all these beads...and I was probably considered nuts.

I hope everyone else is having a great week....5 more days till super bowl! woo!