But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Vancouver Bound


Well, I'm off to Vancouver for a whirlwind weekend! I leave saturday and my friend Will was nice enough to put me up (and put up with me) while I spend 3 days there. I have an action packed weekend of hanging out with friends who live there and just roaming around Vancouver.

I'm going for business reasons, or at least thats what I tell myself because I don't like to spend money or travel unless I can tie my business into it. As a result, I've allocated 7 hours (yes, 7 hours..I'm bringing a bagged lunch too...)to spend at my favorite Canadian bead wholesaler on tuesday whos head office is in Vancouver. Sure, I could just order off the catalog and have it mailed to me, but things are never as they seem in catalog form so I'm usually disappointed with my purchases.

I've had a great week! I'm uber happy this week and its just been one of those weeks where I've walked around with a perma-smile on my face because everything is splendid in my little brain. The root of my happiness is the 'money spending' that I've been doing. January is my 'buying stock' month and I've had a great time being creative and spending as much as I can (within budget) to make my creative ideas reality. What's even sweeter is when your wholesalers have cool new components that you can incorporate into cool new designs.

I also have a really cool idea for my trade show displays in which I would like to implement for my April retail show. I always have a problem with traffic. I have too much traffic in my booth and there is not enough table space for all the ladies that come flocking to my jewellery. I've come up with a great GREAT concept that I think will work...I just have to pull out my tools and build it! giddy up!

Anyways, I hope everyone else is having a great week!