But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Saturday, November 19, 2005

I know when you've been naughty...


Ugh...I can't sleep!?! Which sucks cause I have to wake up at 7am tomorrow and play a double header in handball...

I was tossing and turning in bed, thinking of past guys who I've 'dated' or 'hung out with' as most of the guys seemed to classify whatever it was we were doing...and I realized that every single one of them lied to me at some point...and I knew it all along yet! Just call me freaken Santa Clause! My reasoning though is that I would hope that they would come forward and just be straight up honest with me, and that would redeem them for being hyppocrites in my eyes.

All these guys were big fans of 'no drama, no lies, straight up honesty' and yet every single one of them had some pretty good lines that they fed me...

Now, in no particular order and for your reading pleasure:

Top 10 bullsh..uh...lines that I've been fed: AKA 10 lines they say when they are 'not that into you'.

10: "Having you like me is like winning a million dollars, but I can't cash the ticket because I'm leaving soon and don't want to date anyone"

Starts dating someone 2 weeks after telling me this...hmmm

9: "I value our friendship too much to start a relationship with you"

Weird. Thats the last I heard from him for nearly 6 months...gooood friendship we had there...

8: "You're so sexy, smart and successful"

Yet you stop dating me to date someone who is not nearly as sexy, smart or successful? buddy! Why settle for Spam when you could have had the Beef Tenderloin, medium rare with prawns? (ok, still thinking of my 529 meal...)

7: "I can't control myself when I'm around you...so I have to stop seeing you"
This is just plain stupid...why would you stop seeing someone who turns your crank like that?!?! Stu-pid...or maybe I'm stupid for liking this joker in the first place...

Another one along the stupid lines while I'm at it:

6: 9-10 guys agree: "you have this 'aura' to you..."

What the hell is an 'aura'...I sure as hell can't see it, and I think it needs further explanation. Apparently if a guys sees this 'aura' he heads for the hills though...so girls, auras are bad!?! Don't wish for one this Christmas!

Ok, a bit off topic...or was I?...anyways...

5: "I just don't want to date anyone right now, I'm not the dating type"

Then starts dating someone else without giving me the respect of telling me....Uh, the lines: ' you are transition booty until I find girlfriend who doesn't give me an inferiority complex' would have worked much better without insulting my intelligence.


4: "I'm too busy, I don't even have time for my friends, let alone a girlfriend"

Then starts dating someone else...uh...see #5 above

3: "You deserve someone much better"

Oh, don't go telling me what I do and do not deserve cause you don't have the balls to tell me the truth that you just don't like me...this line ticks me off a LOT because its such a cop-out and it insults my intelligence...don't tell me that I shouldn't like you if I have more than enough reasons why I should...that maybe I see but you just can't see...get some confidence...damn.

2: "Uh, I'm moving out to BC with a 'friend'...we're going to look for apparenments in Vancouver this weekend"

Hmmm, does this 'friend' happen to be a girlfriend that I figure you've been seeing for 4 months but just haven't told me yet...The one that calls when I'm over and you have to go into a different room to talk to?!? The one who...uh...'computer' you are fixing when I call you at midnite?!? Note: I had lost interest looong before but I finally called him on the fact he was dating her after 6 months and he still hadn't told me...BOYS: I always figure things out and then give plenty of opportunity and time for people to be honest...yet you never are...shame on you!


1: "I'm just not ready for a serious relationship"

What?!? When did we talk about serious relationships?!? You obviously had your head up your ass when we had that discussion about how I didn't want to get married or have kids for at least 5 years. OMG, did we warp 5 years into the future?!? I don't remember taking a ride in a Delorean car!?!

Heh heh heh...that was fun! Now I need to try and sleep :)