But my mom says I'm 'special'...

The typical..or maybe not-so-typical rantings and musings of just an ordinary girl

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Saaara is comin to town!

Yep! My girl Saa is comin in this friday for two days of drun...uh...good times!

For those who don't know...Saara and I had to have been separated at birth. We're both blonde, same height, same build, both are smart - yet are not afraid to act like complete idiots. I met her when I was 16 at a summer science camp. I hated her. "There's NO way that someone is smart and athletic and as nuts as I am!" She hated me too, but somehow we got over the fact we were intimidated and joined forces. And we've been streaking or wrestling ever since.

Top 10 Saara Moments: (in no particular order)

10. Our Calgary trip where we went 'out on the town' dressed like as skankily as we could...only to realize that our 'skanky' was waaaay less skanky than the Calgary ladies version of skanky.

9. When we were so sleep deprived at geek camp that we couldn't stop laughing at the white moth that flew into the elevator...and then on the last day of camp we couldn't stop crying cause we saw a white moth because it reminded us of the time we were laughing at the white moth.

8. Wrestling Saa in a sumo suit...then not in a sumo suit and I ended up spraining my wrist (2 weeks before nationals yet...stupid Heather)

7. First, picking out nasty lingerie from Value Village and then wrestling in pudding wearing that nasty lingerie, then ripping off that nasty lingerie...

6. Taking my poor 4 cylinder Hyundai (may she rest in peace) through the BC mountains, having some guys throw us beer while driving through said mountains.

5. Getting to our destination in BC only to realize that Saara's idea of a 'driveway' is off roading up a mountain (in the 4 cylinder) where my hyundai kept on bottoming out...(I was going to kill you that nite Saa...)

4. White water rafting with those sweet sweet lookin rafting guides.

3. The nite I was so tired after the bar but still thought it would be a great idea to drive to my cabin (2 hour drive) only after we ate some garbage breakfast at Dennys...then either a: dozing off while driving or b: freaking out cause I thought the lines on the road were gophers.

2. The last Gimli trip where we drank half the wine box, then decided it would be fun to do a beach photo shoot, followed by a playground photo shoot, followed by drunken wrestling (which Saara started by giving me the 'fighty' eye) which turned into a photo shoot thanks to Ian.

1. Ian reminded me of this one..."The time I wrestled Saara into submission while singing 'Memory' from cats without going off key or missing a beat....I don't know why I chose to sing Memory, but it made for an amusing wrestling match.

Saara and I have never lived in the same province, yet we are close friends and always will be.

Cheers to a life time of good times!