UWOC or SWOK?
We had our first official 'UWOC' Dinner tonite. What is UWOC you ask? It stands for 'Unmarried WithOut Children' and its our little dinner group, that so far consists of Di, Jaimie and myself (we all play handball together).We plan on going to a different restaurant (one that has been ranked in Winnipegs top 10) at the end of each month and this month we started with Amici, a nice 5 star restaurant with an Italian flare.
We had the bruchetta and mussles to start (I LOOOVE mussles and probably ate 90% of them) I believe I had 5 different utencils on my plate when we were only supposed to have two...I guess you can take the girl out of the farm but you can take the farm out of the girl...
There are my lovely dinner dates enjoying their red wine selections.
We recaptured the moment when my button popped open as the waiter was taking our order. I am also seen here enjoying a fine glass of semi dry Riesling. I also tried the house white...I don't recommend that one...
Di had the Gnocci (which we all mispronounced), Jaimie had the risotto and I had a seafood linguine (I was on a seafood kick tonite). Apparently after two glasses of wine each, Di's purse looked very much like a cute furry pet.
After the table was cleaned, Di had no more plates or forks to hide her mess...the spoon just couldn't handle it. Heehee, aw, we had such good times I look forward to next month with my wonderful ladies! (I of course will see them before then in our 'track' aka running handball practice that we will be partaking in on friday)NOTE:
It has been suggested that our name should be SWOK (Single WithOut Kids)...which one do you guys think?
<< Home